Halloween Decorations

5:33 PM


The last few years I've been pretty unmotivated to decorate the house for holidays simply because it was so difficult to get our boxes of decorations down from the rafters of the garage. I felt almost guilty asking the Gnarly Old Guy to get a ladder and lift down these really heavy boxes. When we moved, we had the previous owners of the house leave the storage system they had in the garage, so the boxes are right there just ready to be lifted down. I started talking about decorating in August. When we finally brought the Halloween box down last week, a lot of our decorations had not survived either the years in storage or the move. Not to be daunted, I hit up Target, and came up with a few things there like these grey puffs that I have hanging from the balcony over the living room.


Most of the candles and candle holders survived because I had them inside of the house with all the other candle holders, but I picked up this glam gold ceramic pumpkin from Hobby Lobby.


This pumpkin is actually a candle that I picked up at Bath and Body Works a few years ago. I started to burn it last year, but it still has about halfway to go.


An old wax burner, I think from Yankee Candle. I had a little bit of an accident with some melted black wax and the shelf in the family room. I'm happy to say that the YouTube videos of how to get wax off painted surfaces with a hair dryer actually work.


This is all we've done outside. I don't know that Halloween decorations are as much of a thing here in Nevada as they are in Southern California. We are the only people in our neighborhood except for one other house that have anything in our yard. Hmmmm. Haven't figured that one out yet.


This pumpkin is my favorite. When you light a candle under this old shade from Yankee Candle, it casts little witches against the walls. Happy Halloween everyone. How are you decorating?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook